Reject local government pay offer is the recommendation of the GMB union
GMB union senior reps across Local Government, Councils and Schools met to discuss the Local Government pay offer.
School staff, refuse collectors and council workers have kept our country moving through the coronavirus crisis, often putting themselves in harm's way.
GMB trade union senior reps are disappointed that the Local Government employers have only tabled a 1.75% pay offer which is a pay cut in real terms.
Local Government workers know they need a proper pay rise and therefore GMB will be recommending members REJECT this pay offer.
A pay ballot on the offer will start soon. Your local GMB trade union branch/office will be contacting you shortly to discuss the pay offer and let you know how you can vote in this important pay ballot – Make sure you have your say on pay.
Please ensure your details are up to date as only GMB union members will get a vote in our ballot.
FIVE WAYS TO HAVE YOUR SAY ON PAY
Help build the trade union in your workplace.
1. Message a friend on Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp
2. Organise a meeting to discuss pay and to build support for the pay ballot using our campaign resources
3. Update your details (click here) – every GMB member will get their vote make sure your details are up to date.
4. Become a workplace organiser - stand up to injustice in your workplace!
5. Recruit a member - Strength in numbers! The more people who join GMB union, the stronger we are!